Visions, the courage to follow new paths, always looking forward and, at the same time, never losing sight of the people who worked with him, and keeping your eyes fixed on his standards in terms of innovation and top quality.
These were the things that made C.F.W. Borgward, one of Germany’s major automotive manufacturers from the 1920s right up to the 1960s, what he is today: a legend …
A resounding success in the automotive industry in 1924: the “Blitzkarren” (“lightning cart”). The godfather to the Goliath that was then to follow – a small truck on three wheels.
This enabled C.F.W. Borgward to take over the Hansa-Lloyd works in 1929.
At that time, the most modern car factory in Europe.
Built in 1938. The production facility for the Hansa 1700 and the six-cylinder Borgward 2300.
The factory was destroyed in the Second World War.
The Hansa 1500: Germany’s first new Ponton-style design. Others were to follow.
The so-called “Leukoplastbomber” (“sticking-plaster bomber”): in 1950 the man in the street’s post-war limousine.
And in 1954 the Isabella: especially as a coupé one of the dream cars of the German “economic miracle”.
This was followed by the Arabella in 1959 and the P 100 in 1960.
Borgward was now one of the top frontrunners. In the 1949 motor racing scene with the Hansa RS 1500 and other racing and record-breaking cars.
On the Linas-Montlhéry motor racing circuit near Paris, Borgward’s drivers broke 12 international speed records, in the racing car section even outstripping Porsche.
Die Cookie-Einstellungen auf dieser Website sind auf "Cookies zulassen" eingestellt, um das beste Surferlebnis zu ermöglichen. Wenn Sie diese Website ohne Änderung der Cookie-Einstellungen verwendest oder auf "Akzeptieren" klickst, erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden.